Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme 2020-21
Hello friends, welcome to our website as you all know that our country has always been ahead in sports or Olympics games. Due to this, the Central Government has recently started the “Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme 2020-21 (J-TOPS)”. This Junior Target Olympic podium scheme will start from 2020-21. Under Junior TOPS Scheme, Govt. enters junior athletes in the age group of 12, 13, 14 and 15 years. If the youth is talented, the government will take care of that child. Kiren Rijiju made the announcement during the book launch event of “Dreams of a Billion – India and the Olympic Games” written by Borian Mazumdar and Nalin Mehta.
Recently, the Central Government is going to launch the Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme (J-TOPS) 2020-2021. The main objective of this scheme is to encourage youth to pursue sports as hobbies and careers.
India needs to change its mind set to become a sporting powerhouse. India needs to compete and perform in various sports to be at the top of the medal table. The size of India is not suitable for only 3 to 4 medals. India should talk about being in the top 10 in the 2028 Olympics. The need to promote sports at school children and university level was emphasized. Khelo India School Games 2020 and Khelo India Youth Games 2020 is one such initiative to promote sports culture in the society. We have a School Games Federation in India but we never had school games. To bring revolutionary impact is going to bring structural changes in sports. The Government has started the Khelo India University Games 2020.
Target Olympic Podium Scheme 2020 Council:
- That fund is managed by a council set up by the central government.
- The Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports is the Chairman of the Council.
- Council members include senior officers in the Sports / Sports Authority of India Department.
- Representatives of Apex industry organizations such as FICCI, CII and ASSOCHAM have been included as members in the Council.
- Representatives of Sports Promotion Board of reputed organizations are also members of the Council.
- The Joint Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is the ex-officio Member Secretary of the Council.