LAccMI Scheme Odisha 2023
On 4th July, the Odisha government launched the LAccMI Scheme Odisha 2023 (Starts From 15 August Independence Day) aiming to provide seamless transportation in rural areas of the state. The scheme aims to offer affordable and hassle-free transport options to citizens in rural areas across Odisha. Initially, the focus will be on improving intra-block and intra-district connectivity, which will later be integrated with inter-city bus operations. In this article, we will provide you with essential information about the Odisha LAccMI Scheme, its purpose, benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents, and registration procedure.
The LAccMI Scheme is introduced by the Odisha government to promote communication and improve mobility in rural areas. The scheme is set to be launched on August 15, coinciding with Independence Day, and will provide bus connectivity from each gram panchayat to the block headquarters in the state. The initial phase of the scheme will cover undivided Koraput, Gajapati, and Kalahandi districts. An Executive Committee meeting chaired by Usha Padhi, Principal Secretary of the Commerce and Transport Department, was held to discuss the implementation of the scheme in the capital city.
Under the LAccMI Scheme, the state government will not only provide bus communication but also include boat and other means of transport in the first phase. This initiative aims to enhance transportation options in rural areas, ensuring economical and efficient means of travel for residents. The scheme is expected to contribute to socioeconomic development, reduce reliance on private vehicles, and improve the overall quality of life in rural regions by enhancing connectivity.
The government plans to deploy two buses in each block, and already 55 bus stops have been built with plans for an additional 70. With the implementation of the LAccMI Scheme, rural communities will have improved access to transportation services, helping them overcome transportation challenges and fostering development in these areas.
|Odisha LAccMI Scheme
|Government of Odisha
|Citizens of Odisha State
|To be launched soon
|Improving Rural Transport in the State of Odisha
|Not Announced Yet
Objectives of Odisha LAccMI Scheme 2023
The Odisha LAccMI Scheme 2023 has been introduced by the state government with the following objectives:
1. Improving Rural Transport: The primary objective of the scheme is to enhance the transportation system in rural areas of the state. It aims to address the transportation challenges faced by rural communities and provide them with improved access to affordable and convenient transport options.
2. Intra-Block and Intra-District Connectivity: The scheme will initially focus on improving connectivity within blocks and districts. By strengthening transportation links at the local level, the scheme aims to facilitate seamless travel within these areas.
3. Integration with Inter-City Bus Operations: The scheme also aims to integrate intra-block and intra-district connectivity efforts with inter-city bus operations. This integration will enhance overall transportation connectivity across different regions of the state.
4. Socioeconomic Development: The LAccMI Scheme aims to support socioeconomic development in rural areas. By improving transportation infrastructure and accessibility, the scheme seeks to enhance opportunities for economic growth, education, healthcare, and other essential services in these regions.
5. Bridging the Rural-Urban Gap: The scheme aims to bridge the gap between rural and urban areas by providing reliable and economical transportation options to rural communities. By improving connectivity, it aims to create greater accessibility and opportunities for rural residents, bringing them closer to urban centers.
Features of LAccMI Scheme
The LAccMI Scheme launched by the Government of Odisha aims to improve rural transport in the state. The scheme incorporates the following key features:
1. Block and District Level Connectivity: The initial phase of the scheme focuses on enhancing connectivity at the block and district level. The state government will prioritize improving transportation links within these areas to facilitate seamless travel for rural communities.
2. Mobile Bus Service: As part of the scheme, the state government will introduce mobile bus services in each gram panchayat. This initiative ensures that residents in rural areas have access to convenient and reliable transportation services in their localities.
3. Integration with Intercity Bus Services: The mobile bus services operating at the panchayat level will eventually be integrated with intercity bus services. This integration aims to provide comprehensive connectivity and seamless travel across different regions of the state.
4. Phase-wise Implementation: The LAccMI Scheme will be implemented in a phased manner, with the initial phase covering the districts of Koraput, Gajapati, and Kalahandi. This phased approach allows for effective implementation and gradual expansion of the scheme.
5. Launch Date and Service Coverage: The first phase of the scheme is set to commence on October 2, targeting rural areas with limited access to public transport. The goal is to provide services to all rural areas in the state by January 2024, ensuring comprehensive coverage across Odisha.
6. Project Report and Collaboration: The Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC) is responsible for preparing a comprehensive project report for the connectivity architecture of each gram panchayat. The scheme encourages collaboration with various stakeholders to ensure efficient implementation.
7. Timelines and Procurement Process: The transport industry is given one month’s time to complete the project report. Once the Detailed Project Report (DPR) is finalized, the department can initiate the procurement process to further progress the scheme’s implementation.
Benefits of Odisha LAccMI Scheme
The Odisha LAccMI Scheme brings several benefits to the residents of rural areas in the state. Some of the key advantages are as follows:
1. Improved Public Transport: The scheme focuses on enhancing public transport facilities in rural areas where private bus operators handle most of the transportation. By increasing the capacity and reach of the Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC), the scheme ensures improved connectivity and accessibility for rural communities.
2. Phase-wise Implementation: The scheme will be implemented in two phases, with the first phase commencing on October 2, Gandhi Jayanti. This targeted approach ensures that areas with limited or no public transport connectivity receive immediate attention, addressing the transportation needs of remote communities.
3. Comprehensive Coverage: Over time, the scheme aims to expand its services to cover all areas of the state by January 2024. This comprehensive coverage ensures that residents in rural districts have access to affordable and hassle-free transportation options.
4. Last-Mile Connectivity: The LAccMI Scheme prioritizes last-mile connectivity, which refers to the transportation link between the transport hub and the final destination. By providing speedy last-mile connectivity, the scheme enables convenient and efficient travel for rural residents, bridging the gap between remote areas and transportation hubs.
5. Emergency Medical Services: The scheme includes provisions for emergency medical services, particularly for the transportation of trauma patients. The use of Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) is extended to ensure the quick transfer of traffic accident victims who require immediate trauma care during the critical “golden hour.”
6. Integration with Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana: The Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana, initiated in 2014 to provide transportation services to rural inhabitants, will be integrated into the LAccMI Scheme. This integration further strengthens the seamless operation of the scheme and emphasizes its focus on rural regions.
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha LAccMI Scheme
To avail the benefits of the Odisha LAccMI Scheme, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Residency: The applicant must be a resident of Odisha, the state in which the scheme is being implemented.
2. Rural Residents: The scheme is specifically designed to cater to the transportation needs of rural areas. Therefore, only residents of rural areas in Odisha are eligible to receive the benefits provided by the state government.
It is important to note that the scheme focuses on improving transport facilities and accessibility for the rural population of Odisha, ensuring that the benefits reach those who truly need them.
By adhering to these eligibility criteria, individuals residing in rural areas of Odisha can take advantage of the Odisha LAccMI Scheme and enjoy the improved transportation services offered by the government.
Application Process for Odisha LAccMI Scheme
To apply under the Odisha Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative (LAccMI) Scheme, citizens of Odisha will have to follow the application process once it is initiated by the state government. However, as of now, the scheme has not been officially launched, and the government has not provided specific details regarding the application process or the official website for registration.
The government has announced its plan to launch the scheme on Gandhi Jayanti, which falls on 2nd October. Once the scheme is launched, the state government is expected to provide information on the application process and the official website where interested individuals can register for the scheme.
As soon as any updates or announcements regarding the application process are made by the state government, we will provide the necessary information through our articles. It is advisable to stay updated with official government sources and news outlets to ensure timely access to the application process once it becomes available.
We will continue to provide you with the latest information on the registration procedure for the Odisha LAccMI Scheme as soon as it is announced by the state government.